The 29th IFUW Conference resolves: that national federations and associations (NFAs) urge their respective governments to establish and/or uphold their specific commitments to the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) thus ensuring that all targets are reached by 2015, in particular by:
- delivering promised aid;
- ensuring that any country receiving aid is involved in decisions as to its planning and delivery;
- calling for global partnership in development; and
- ensuring implementation of partnerships based on collective responsibility and, in particular, the participation of women as beneficiaries and agents.
Plan of Action
- NFAs of economically advanced countries to take immediate action to ensure that promised aid is delivered and/or that targets are established.
- NFAs to support the establishment of global partnerships in development.
- NFAs to review the commitment made by their respective country to meet the MDGs.
- NFAs to take steps to promote the participation of women at the decision making level in the planning and delivery of aid.