The 29th IFUW Conference resolves: that NFAs urge their governments to:
- follow the principles of good health promotion when formulating and implementing health policies with reference to the Beijing Plan for Action; and,
- refrain from imposing any restrictions on good health practices that would adversely affect women’s health whilst being respectful of the individual woman’s religious beliefs.
Plan of Action:
NFAs to contact and urge appropriate government levels to:
- practice good health promotion in all health issues;
- reinforce health promotion campaigns to deter pandemic disease, especially with regard to HIV/AIDS and venereal diseases;
- grant free access to analysis for detecting HIV/AIDS infection;
- promote access to medication for sick persons;
- educate the population as to how infection is passed to lessen discrimination of people infected with HIV/AIDS and venereal diseases; and,
- fund campaigns on the use of condoms to help prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS and venereal diseases.