The 28th Conference resolves to support the UNESCO Universal Declaration of Cultural Diversity and the Declaration on a Culture of Peace by asking NFAs to:
- promote educational programmes for women who are migrants, refugees, or from indigenous and minority groups;
- advocate that governments adopt educational policies for primary and secondary students which will give them the opportunity to learn, appreciate and celebrate the richness of Cultural Diversity;
- ensure that school curricula include programmes that are designed to respect differences, promote understanding and counter racism within school communities and multi-cultural societies; and,
- publicize good practices on the IFUW and NFA websites.
Plan of Action:
- NFAs should investigate whether education curricula include programmes that promote cultural diversity and whether these programmes are being implemented.
- NFAs should provide, at branch and state level, social and cultural programmes, inclusive of migrant and refugee women, and ethnic minorities, where all women and children may celebrate their cultural diversity.
- NFAs should become familiar with the text of the UNESCO Universal Declaration on Cultural Diversity and the Declaration on a Culture of Peace.