The 28th Conference resolves to encourage NFAs to:
- recognize the evolving changes in life choices and the specific needs of women in their various phases of life;
- promote adequate adaptations in social institutions to address these needs, assisting citizens to combine more and different activities during any particular phase of life; and,
- acknowledge that lifelong learning, advanced technology, women in the labour market and an ageing society all contribute to these changes.
Plan of Action:
- NFAs to investigate the flexibility and variety of services offered in their countries to assist women at various stages of their life and over the longer period in an ageing society. Areas to be especially researched are school systems (adapted to life-long learning); housing (adapted to life-long living not merely family life); healthcare and other “shift” style working days; maternal and paternal leave; and pension fund restrictions and formalities.
- NFAs also to investigate what services are available to ensure mental stimulation.