The 28th IFUW Conference resolves that:
- NFAs urge their respective governments to encourage financial institutions, national and international, to include women in economic decision-making positions;
- NFAs urge their respective governments to encourage governments at all levels to include women in economic decision-making positions; and,
- IFUW utilize its standing committees, its consultative status with ECOSOC at the United Nations, and its website and listservers to implement this resolution.
Plan of Action:
- Members of NFAs urge their respective governments to implement practices that would identify and appoint women to decision-making positions in financial bodies.
- Members of NFAs urge their respective financial institutions to seek and employ women to decision-making positions.
- IFUW leaders utilize committees and information technology to suggest ways for NFAs to implement this resolution.
- IFUW representatives to the United Nations present this resolution at appropriate meetings with relevant commissions.
- IFUW seek consultative status with ECOSOC.