that NFAs urge their respective governments
- to participate in the review in September 1995 of the 1980 UN Convention on Conventional Weapons, and support the banning, production, stockpiling, sale, transfer, export and use of anti-personnel landmines;
- to support the expansion of the UN Register of Weapons Systems to include landmines, until such time as an international convention banning anti-personnel landmines is in place;
- to support humanitarian landmine clearance and civilian awareness programmes initiated by the UN, individual countries, or organisations such as UNICEF;
- to encourage research in detection and demining of landmines;
- to participate in unilateral, bilateral, multilateral and NGO programmes providing assistance to the victims of landmines;
- to contribute to the UN Voluntary Trust Fund for Mine Clearance Activities;
- to ensure that demining companies which are, or have been, involved in the laying or international transfers of landmines be excluded from receiving public funding for research and funds from the Trust Fund for humanitarian purposes.