to encourage NFAs:
- to take action in their respective countries, if necessary by liaising with recognised expert environmental bodies, towards the rehabilitation and protection of the ozone layer by urging their governments to:
- a) ratify the Montreal Protocol to the Vienna Convention on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer and its 1990 and 1992 amendments, if they have not already done so;
- b)support in 1995 a further amendment to the Montreal Protocol that would achieve “a gradual reduction in the production and import of ozone depleting substances especially methyl bromide and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs) as soon as feasible and in any case by the year 2005″;
- c) affirm support for the continued existence of the Multilateral Fund of the Montreal Protocol, and, in the case of donor countries, meet their financial commitments to the Fund on time.
- d) ensure that recovery and recycling programmes for all ozone depleting substances are in place in all their jurisdictions in their respective countries, with trained personnel to operate them.
- to encourage its members to become informed of their personal role and responsibility in preventing the release of all ozone depleting substances into the atmosphere from equipment in their use.