- take action to increase awareness of the negative consequences for partners of uprooting in general and to support those affected by;
- making employers aware of the situation of the partners of their employees,
- providing information about training and advice for entry into the workforce of their place of temporary residence;
- encourage governments to negotiate the removal of restrictions which prevent partners of employed non-nationals from seeking paid work in their temporary country of residence, and
- support existing organisations which have programmes designed to counteract the negative effects of global mobility and encourage the further development of such programmes.