The United Nations Declaration on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, adopted unanimously by the General Assembly on 7th November 1967, calls on Non-Governmental Organisations to do all in their power to implement it. To support this request, the Conference resolves:
- to publicise the Declaration among National Federations and Associations:
- to recommend that they translate the Declaration into their own languages;
- to take measures to make the general public aware of the important principles embodied in the Declaration by use of the Press and all other means of information;
- to recommend to NFAs that they make special efforts towards securing the elimination of those forms of discrimination still in existence in certain areas within their own countries;
- to recommend to NFAs that they should constantly watch all social, economic and psychological changes likely to affect the status of women in their own countries, and should inform the IFUW of these changes, so that it may take them into consideration when working out its programmes, and, if appropriate, may inform international organisations (intergovernmental and non-governmental).