considering recent changes in family patterns and in employment possibilities for women graduates, being aware that the combination and alteration of professional work and family duties today make up the pattern of life for more and more women, and help to make this life more complete, balanced and harmonious, urges NFAs:
- to keep themselves informed of opportunities in their country for graduate women who wish to return to professional work;
- to bring frequently to public notice the fact that mature women are competent and responsible workers;
- to make members wishing to resume professional work aware of the opportunities to do so, and to encourage them to retrain and fulfil all their potentialities, the more so when their services are needed by their national community;
- to make when necessary, representations to their governments to extend the upper age limit for entry or re-entry of women into all forms of public service, including teaching;
- and to encourage governments, universities and educational authorities to take adequate measures for the retraining and employment of older women.